On the official blog of Live Mesh is a post that discusses current limits of Live Mesh. You have maybe asked yourself the question. How much items can I actually store in a Live Mesh folder? How large can a single file be? And maybe the most interesting question of all how many separate devices can I add to my Live Mesh circle. Let’s say that I want to add my complete R&D department to the Live Mesh circle,500workstations. Is that possible? Well not for now at least but maybe in the near future? 500 would be a lot though but hey, we’re testing the limit here. So here is some more information that is very handy to know:
- Size of all contents in a single Live Folder: 10GB (of course thereâ€™s still the 5GB quota which limits how much you can synchronize with the Live Desktop)
- Individual file size: 2GB
- Items (file or folders) per Live Folder: 100,000
- Members per Live Folder: 200
- Number of Live Folders per user: 200
- Number of devices per user: 100
On the blog is also stated that these limits are not hard coded. That means they are not sure what the real limit it. They did tests and these were the limit for the Live Mesh system to keep working properly. They also say that they will keep improving these guidelines, boundaries. So I’m pretty sure they will increase in time.